classpath-inetlib

Re: [Classpath-inetlib] Connection pooling

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpath-inetlib] Connection pooling
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:55:39 +0100

Carsten Ringe wrote:
I switched back to your inetlib and discarded the JavaMail stuff. Now I thought about a connection pool for my NNTP newsreader to support multiple connections. This would be useful if there are a lot of downloading tasks running.

Is there a way to check if a connection is still busy (like downloading the new articles from one group)? I'd then like to implement a busy listener that automatically flags the connection as idle/busy to support like 3 connections to one news server.

Well, all the NNTPConnection methods are synchronous, so it's busy while it's calling that method. You can write wrapper threads for various tasks that can report on their status.
--
犬 Chris Burdess
  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety