classpath-inetlib

[Classpath-inetlib] Help sought: SASL and LDAP

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpath-inetlib] Help sought: SASL and LDAP
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:48:17 +0100

Hello all

I need a bit of help in a couple of distinct areas in inetlib, as I just don't
have time to deal with them at the moment.

Firstly, there are some problems with the SASL implementation in the
authenticate methods of IMAPConnection, POP3Connection, and SMTPConnection
(all very similar code). This was working some time ago but appears to have
regressed, and I can't determine at what point. If someone with access to
a SASL-capable server could test and hopefully provide patches, it would
be very helpful.

Second, the LDAP client is still at a highly experimental stage, but very
nearly works. I need someone to help finish it and test it in depth.

Please let me know if you're interested in working on either of these areas.
--
Chris Burdess