circe-help

[Circe-help] Logging for circe

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Circe-help] Logging for circe
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:30:25 +0100

Hi all,

I wrote an extension `erc-log.el' that saves the contents of chat
buffers (matching a regexp) in files. This works quite good, but one
thing that doesn't work ATM is the insertion of this history.

I need to insert the log file contents when the corresponding channel is
joined or the query buffer is opened, but this has to be done before any
new contents are inserted.  Thus I cannot use `circe-chat-mode-hook'.

So would it be possible to add something like a
`circe-new-chat-buffer-hook' that is run immediately after a new query
or channel buffer is created and before any text is inserted into it?

I would be happy to include my extension, so I apply for project
membership.

Bye,
Tassilo