Using block compilation with compilation units

From: Robert Coffey
Subject: Using block compilation with compilation units
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 00:39:37 -0330

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how block compilation works, as I would like to build
my project with -O5 if possible, but I'm having issues getting my project to
build with block compilation.

It appears calling procedures defined in other compilation units causes
segmentation violations, which aligns with "toplevel bindings are not seen by
eval and unused toplevel bindings are removed" as stated in the manual, but this
leaves me unsure about how (or if you can) split a program into compilation
units while using block compilation.

Do I need to use modules in order to have access to procedures in other "units", or is there a way to use compilation units?

Thanks,
Robert Coffey