Egg: ws-client

From: Ka-tsùn Lo̍h
Subject: Egg: ws-client
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 17:51:07 +0000

Hi all,

There's an implementation of the client side of the WebSocket protocol
+ the permessage-deflate extension that I would like to submit to the
CHICKEN 5 egg directory.

The release-info file is here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lohkatsun/ws-client-egg/main/ws-client.release-info

The source is available in a github repository here:
https://github.com/lohkatsun/ws-client-egg

Some comments:

- This implementation passes all of the Autobahn compliance tests.
I've included the client and configuration file in an examples/
directory, but the repository currently has no tests/ because the
Autobahn tests are usually run from a docker image and take a while to
finish.

- permessage-deflate presently interfaces with the C zlib directly,
because we use options for the stream interface that the zlib egg
doesn't currently expose. This results in some repeated code.

- I am relatively new to the language, so I would be extremely
grateful if anyone would like to take a look at the source & provide
some feedback! I fear silly mistakes, and also suspect much of the
code might be made more idiomatic for Scheme.

Thanks!

Ka-tsùn.