chicken-install not working on windows

From: jeremy olakunori
Subject: chicken-install not working on windows
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:19:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, I'm new to scheme and recently ran into issues trying to get geiser to work with emacs (Geiser not sending correct code to chicken repl (windows) : emacs (reddit.com))
Someone on reddit pointed out that I should've used msys to install it (I got a windows installer for the web which turned out to be an older version of chicken).
So, i installed msys, and followed the instructions here: http://kflu.github.io/2017/02/22/2017-02-22-chicken-scheme-notes/ (stopped at the problem installing openssl egg part).

After doing all that, i tested csi and it worked, but while trying to install apropos and chicken doc (from Using CHICKEN with emacs - The CHICKEN Scheme wiki (call-cc.org)), i get this error:

PS C:\Users\user> chicken-install -s apropos chicken-doc

Error: extension or version not found: "apropos"

I have set the following system variable:

CHICKEN_PREFIX :: c:\chicken

and also have these in my system path:

C:\chicken\bin
C:\chicken\lib
C:\msys64\mingw64\bin

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks