Re: CHICKEN 5 port of bencode egg

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: CHICKEN 5 port of bencode egg
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 13:44:01 +0100

Hi Caolan,

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 10:13:40 +0000 "Caolan McMahon" <caolan@caolan.uk> wrote:

> I recently merged a pull request from fancycade to port the bencode
> egg from CHICKEN 4 to CHICKEN 5. I've updated the release-info file
> and tagged a new release.
>
> https://github.com/caolan/chicken-bencode/
>
> It's already been picked up by the CHICKEN 4 egg index, what else
> needs to happen for this to be included in the CHICKEN 5 egg index?

Thanks!  I've added it to the coop.  When you have a chance, it would be
nice to have the documentation ported as well.

Since code for both CHICKEN 4 and 5 are now in the same repository and
branch, special care is needed when releasing new egg versions to avoid
breaking the egg on one of the CHICKEN versions.

Unfortunately it seems that it what happened with the new release
(1.3.0), which works for CHICKEN 5 but breaks on CHICKEN 4 ([1]).

To prevent that you'll need to test the egg with both CHICKEN 4 and 5.

I haven't investigated the issue with CHICKEN 4, but my hunch is that
you need `(import scheme)' for `cond-expand'.

[1]
https://salmonella-linux-x86-64.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86-64/2021/01/22/salmonella-report/install/bencode.html

All the best.
Mario