Re: Issue installing some packages with nixpkgs

From: Blake Sweeney
Subject: Re: Issue installing some packages with nixpkgs
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 14:31:58 +0000

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 01:18:59PM +0100, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> Maybe the cache created by chicken-install [1]?
>
> If you don't want it to use a directory in the user home directory, you
> can configure the CHICKEN_EGG_CACHE environment variable to point to
> another directory.

Thanks for the pointer, it made me realize that chicken-install is trying to
fetch a package, which it shouldn't do in nix. Turns out that egg2nix doesn't
extract the llrb-syntax dependency that is required to build llrb-tree. Making
llrb-syntax a dependency in nix fixes the issue. Thanks! Thanks to everyone
who's worked on chicken, I really enjoyed working with it!

Kind Regards,
Blake Sweeney