Re: Bintracker: A modern chiptune editor

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: Bintracker: A modern chiptune editor
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 00:21:12 +0100

Hi,

I've released the source code for Bintracker, a powerful, hackable "chiptune audio workstation" written in Chicken Scheme.

The project is work-in-progress, and is currently in an early alpha stage. Basic features work and the editor is usable, though not necessarily useful ;) I'm publishing the source now in order to receive some feedback from early adopters, and maybe also find some new contributors along the way.

More info on the project site: https://bintracker.org
The source is available at https://github.com/bintracker/bintracker .

Wow! Neat project.
I love the GUI.
I've had a (very) quick look at the code. It looks like bt-gui and bt-gui-lolevel are the core of the UI engine and there's a binding to tk?

Could you talk more about the architecture of the UI? The screenshots look great and I've not seen many UI heavy Chicken programs yet. This could be a winner! Is the UI toolkit reusable?

Best wishes,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@ashurst.eu.org