Re: New egg: web-colors

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: New egg: web-colors
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 08:58:44 +0100

Hi John,

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 18:10:32 -0600 John Croisant <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have published a new egg, web-colors. It provides procedures to parse
> and write colors in a variety of formats used in HTML/CSS:
>
> - Hex colors in #RGB, #RGBA, #RRGGBB, and #RRGGBBAA formats
> - rgb() and rgba() colors
> - hsl() and hsla() colors
> - Named colors, a.k.a. color keywords
>
> The egg is mainly targeted at CHICKEN 5, but also works with CHICKEN 4.
> There can sometimes be differences in the exactness of numbers due to
> CHICKEN 4 not having a built-in ratio type.
>
> Docs: https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/web-colors
>
> Release info for CHICKEN 4 and 5:
> https://gitlab.com/jcroisant/chicken-web-colors/raw/master/web-colors.release-info

Sorry for the long time to reply.

I've added it to the coop (for both C4 and C5).  Thanks for making it
available!

A small nitpick on the implementation for C4: srfi-13 is in the CHICKEN
core in version 4 -- it doesn't have to be specified as a dependency in
the .meta file.  In other words, `depends` (or `needs`) in .meta is only
for eggs.  In C4, srfi-13 is not an egg (it _is_ C5, though!).

> Happy new year!

Happy new year for you too! :-)

All the best.
Mario