Re: It would be nice if glob "/*/*" worked

From: Tim
Subject: Re: It would be nice if glob "/*/*" worked
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 10:41:56 +0100

Hi Matt,

Matt Welland writes:
> Supporting glob patterns at any level would be handy. I started to
> implement something which I've included below but before I complete it:

I like this idea too.  Just one thing: would it be possible to use the
double-asterisk ** instead of a single * to represent the directory
matching portion?  I.e.  /subdir/**/*.txt would find any file with a
name ending in .txt in any directory below /subdir. This is a pretty
common syntax for recursive globbing I think; at least I've seen it in
zsh, python and a few other places.

Tim