Re: [Chicken-users] hahn: chicken 5 port

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] hahn: chicken 5 port
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 23:48:35 +0200

Hi Robert,

If you want to support both C4 and C5. one way of doing it is to make two module files which does all the initial imports, and use one from the .egg file and the other from the .setup file. I'm doing this in https://github.com/kristianlm/chicken-minissh, for example. One module file is used by the .egg file for C5, and the other module file is pointed to be the setup script for C4.

Another approach is to have a single module file and then start with an (import chicken) which works on both C4 and C5, like this: https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nanomsg/blob/master/nanomsg-module.scm

Hope that comes in handy,
K.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:04:08 -0400 Robert Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> My apologies, I'm a little confused - I did remove the meta and setup
> file from the 0.10 tag, is that what's causing the issue here?

Indeed.  If you intend to use the same repo for both CHICKEN 4 and 5,
the egg must be installable by both CHICKEN 4 and 5 (you probably need
cond-expand to achieve that).

All the best.
Mario

http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/