[Chicken-users] How to I add (not override) compiler options/flags ?

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: [Chicken-users] How to I add (not override) compiler options/flags ?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 10:45:40 -0300

Hello,

Reading the Chicken makefiles, I noticed that if I set
C_COMPILER_OPTIONS, it will be used and the default value will be discarded,
since it is set with ?= in the makefiles.

C_COMPILER_OPTIONS ?= -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H

TARGET_C_COMPILER_OPTIONS ?= $(C_COMPILER_OPTIONS)

But since C_COMPILER_OPTIONS is defined with ?=, if I set it
when running make, the default in Makefile.linux, for example,
would be ignored.

So if I use a script that wants to *add* flags, how should I do that?
(I see that CFLAGS is not used).

Thanks,
J.