Re: [Chicken-users] pp and write ignore keyword-style

From: Marc Feeley
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pp and write ignore keyword-style
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:01:51 -0500

> On Nov 21, 2018, at 11:05 AM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Each of the :foo and foo: styles are supported by most of the 9, whereas the
> SRFI-88 style was supported by only 4.  See
> https://bitbucket.org/cowan/r7rs-wg1-infra/src/default/KeywordSyntax.md for
> details

For your information, the last line of that page

“If we adopt the #:foo style, Chicken, Bigloo, Guile, S7, Kawa and to some
extent Racket will work out of the box.”

is incorrect concerning Bigloo that only supports the :foo and foo: syntax.

So in fact the foo: syntax is the most widely supported (by 7 implementations).

Also, the #:foo syntax is used by Gambit for uninterned symbols (probably other
implementations too because I remember taking that syntax from another Scheme
implementation but I don’t remember which).

Marc