[Chicken-users] Is Android not unix?

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: [Chicken-users] Is Android not unix?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:19:10 +0300

Hi guys,

I was trying tweetnacl on Termux on Android 9 and ran into this problem:

address@hidden ~/p/chicken-5.0.0>
csi -R tweetnacl -p '(make-symmetric-sign-key)'

Error: (read-u8vector) bad argument type - not a port: #f

This happens because tweetnacl creates its current-entropy-port using cond-expand with unix, windows or else, the latter which is yielding the #f error above.

I found this surprising as I'd expect Android to be unix. As I'm sure you know, it isn't:

csi -p '(cond-expand (unix 1))'

Error: during expansion of (cond-expand ...) - no matching clause in `cond-expand' form: unix
address@hidden ~/p/chicken-5.0.0>
csi -p '(cond-expand ((or android unix) 1))'
1

But tweetnacl isn't much use without current-entropy-port, and I hove its /dev/random requirement:

address@hidden ~/p/chicken-5.0.0>
dd if=/dev/random bs=1 count=12 ^/dev/null |xxd -p
44ca8634752db3243ac222f0

So, my questions:

1. Is Android non-unix intentionally?
2. Could tweetnacl cond-expand with (or unix android) so it works out-of-the-box on Android?

Thanks in advance,
K.