Re: [Chicken-users] Porting eggs to Chicken 5

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Porting eggs to Chicken 5
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:08:36 +0200

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 12:56:04PM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
> Thanks. This helped a lot.
> There are many C library bindings relying on easyffi.
> Are there any plans to port the easyffi egg?

This is one of those eggs that should really be left in the dust as
things are moved to the new CHICKEN.  Bind is the supported and
maintained way of doing FFI in an easier way than the core.

Also, if at all possible, I'd argue to use the core FFI, to reduce
dependencies.

Can you give some examples of eggs that use easyffi where it's hard
to convert them to bind or core FFI?

Cheers,
Peter