Re: [Chicken-users] context sensitive auto-completion for symbols in Sci

From: Martin Schneeweis
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] context sensitive auto-completion for symbols in SciTE
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:53:57 +0200

Hi Vasilij,

> > The problem with this imlementation is: the symbols of "used"
> > modules are missing.
>
> I've written a replacement for the readline egg [1] for a few reasons,
> one of them being its completion suffering from the same issue you
> describe.  Perhaps you'll find its completion code [2] useful, I've
> been able to reuse it for the parley egg so far.

thank you so much for the pointer!

I settled with "readline" for my interactive csi adventures and did not
recognise that this egg had the same problem (the fact that I used
"ports" for my test did not help becuase "ports" is obviously loaded
when csi is started with that egg (now that I know I will definitely
have a second look at parlay and figure out how to bind my
tab-key :-P)).

I guess I have a closer look at the apropos-egg - no idea why I missed
that egg so far (maybe the category "misc" is not the perfect place).

lg
Martin