Re: [Chicken-users] PS: problem compiling master

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] PS: problem compiling master
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:37:25 +0100

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 07:28:42PM +0100, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
> Am 26.01.2016 um 19:24 schrieb Peter Bex:
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 06:10:18PM +0100, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
> >> Maybe I should add that the installation updated
> >>  setup-download.{import.so, so}
> >> in /usr/local/lib/chcken/8 as expected.
> >
> > Did you fetch master which includes ad5f74dce9e9b5?
>
> yes.

In that case, stop your recompilation now; it's useless, see below.

> > or take a look at the
> > latest Salmonella runs, and use that specific, known good,
> > revision.  After all, master is a development version which
> > is prone to breaking (though we try hard to avoid it through
> > our review process).
>
> I know.
>
> OK.  So I better go back before ad5f74dce9e9b5 and try again?

You already had this commit, and the only additional commit on
master is one update to the manual, which is just text, no code.

Can you tell us exactly what you did with chicken-install?  Any
particular flags or environment variables?

Cheers,
Peter