Re: [Chicken-users] x32 ABI fits Chicken very well

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] x32 ABI fits Chicken very well
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 17:14:01 +0200

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 08:03:02AM -0700, Daniel Leslie wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > This is the same limit that applies to i386,
> > which I think is one of the most important limitations of 32 bit CHICKEN.
> >

> Worth noting is that OpenBSD still supports i386, which is mentioned as a
> platform in the wiki:
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/platforms#openbsd
> http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  Linux and most other OSes
also still support i386 for the foreseeable future.

Just for the record, we don't intend to drop support for i386 in CHICKEN;
this just _adds_ support for x32, which itself is a mode that only works
on x86-64 CPUs and only on Linux (correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers,
Peter