Re: [Chicken-users] Installing hypergiant on macosx fails.

From: Mark Buckingham
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing hypergiant on macosx fails.
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 09:39:23 -0500

Hi Alex-

Thanks for your help.  I originally tried using macports, but it’s kind of
touchy about things, so I went back to homebrew.

Just to get to a known state, I uninstalled and reinstalled glfw3, which gave
me libglfw3 in /usr/local/lib.  I then reinstalled chicken, pulled down the
glfw3 egg, and patched glfw3.setup as Gil mentions below.

Next, I got the soil egg from your github repo, and installed it.

Finally, I did a ‘chicken-install hypergiant’, and it did progress farther, but
eventually died with:

installing opengl-glew:0.9.1 ...
changing current directory to
/var/folders/qz/rpxwrp8x00x_kjbcq3gsm0cw0000gn/T/temp6b3f.70071/opengl-glew
  '/usr/local/Cellar/chicken/4.9.0.1/bin/csi' -bnq -setup-mode -e
"(require-library setup-api)" -e "(import setup-api)" -e
"(setup-error-handling)" -e "(extension-name-and-version '(\"opengl-glew\"
\"0.9.1\"))" 'opengl-glew.setup'
Translating glcorearb.h
  '/usr/local/Cellar/chicken/4.9.0.1/bin/csc' -feature compiling-extension
-setup-mode    -s -O3 -d0 opengl-glew.scm -FOpenGL -framework OpenGL -lGLEW -J
-emit-type-file opengl-glew.types

Warning: can not compute macro type `GL_INVALID_INDEX' (ignored)

Warning: can not compute macro type `GL_TIMEOUT_IGNORED' (ignored)
opengl-glew.c:13:10: fatal error: 'GL/glew.h' file not found
#include <GL/glew.h>
         ^
1 error generated.

Error: shell command terminated with non-zero exit status 256: 'clang'
'opengl-glew.c' -o 'opengl-glew.o' -c  -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fno-common
-DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H -m64 -DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC
-DPIC -DC_SHARED -FOpenGL -I"/usr/local/Cellar/chicken/4.9.0.1/include/chicken"

Error: shell command failed with nonzero exit status 256:

  '/usr/local/Cellar/chicken/4.9.0.1/bin/csc' -feature compiling-extension
-setup-mode    -s -O3 -d0 opengl-glew.scm -FOpenGL -framework OpenGL -lGLEW -J
-emit-type-file opengl-glew.types

Anyway, I’m really excited to try hypergiant, so I’m happy to do whatever I can
do to help work out the installation problems on OS X.