Re: [Chicken-users] About Chicken Compiler CSC's Option

From: blueperson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] About Chicken Compiler CSC's Option
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:23:51 +0800

于 2014年06月10日 18:07, Peter Bex 写道:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 05:56:55PM +0800, blueperson wrote:
>> Thanks for your help!
>> I get a clone use "hg clone
>> https://code.google.com/r/datenhobel-hato-egg-update/";. But get the same
>> error "csc: invalid option `-G' " when I "make" it. I use chicken
>> 4.8.0.3 in gentoo.
> Have you tried simply removing the -G option?  I don't know what it
> does, and as far as I can tell there never was such an option in the
> first place.  I can't explain why this option is in the Makefile though.
>
> Perhaps nobody uses the Makefile at all; there's also a hato.setup file,
> which would be used when you simply type "chicken-install" after
> switching to the directory.  It is an egg, after all, so perhaps it's
> meant to be installed as an egg
I have removed the -G option when I get the error first time, but it
shows another error that seems really strange. It shows:
"
Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module
domain-keys
"
But I saw the domain-keys.scm really in the directory.

For the second, I found no files looks like hato.setup.

>> I'm just a beginner on programming and didn't write much codes. I just
>> want to write a MUA first to learn something. For personal reasons I
>> choose scheme/chicken, and only found a MTA hato.
> Hato isn't really actively maintained AFAIK, so this might not be the
> best choice to get started; there may be a few roadblocks like this
> you will run into.  An experienced programmer would have few problems
> with this, but as a learning project it may be mostly an exercise in
> frustration.  Of course, if you decide to do it anyway we're here to
> help out, and if you would like some more direct help feel free to drop
> by the IRC channel, it's full of friendly people :)
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
I just to have a try. Do you have any experiences about chicken projects
that is suitable for me?
This is my first time to use a mailing list, and found all your people
are really friendly.
I'll try the IRC channel.

Really thanks.

blueperson