Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available

From: Tim van der Linden
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.9.0rc1 is available
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:22:33 +0900

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:00:30 +0200
Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 01:34:30PM +0900, Tim van der Linden wrote:
> > Second test (Clang) - FAIL
> >
> > Operating system: Debian 7 - Testing/Jessy
> > Hardware platform: x86
> > C Compiler: Clang 3.3-16 (branches/release_33) (based on LLVM 3.3)
> > Installation works?: yes
> > Tests work?: no
> > Installation of eggs works?: unable to test
> >
> > With Clang on this machine, the testing fails with the following message:
> >
> > [panic] `##sys#error-hook' is not defined - the `library' unit was probably
> > not linked with this executable - execution terminated
>
> Hi Tim,

Hi Peter

> Thanks for your thorough test report!  Have you run the clang build
> from a cleanly extracted tarball?  Otherwise, there might be some gcc-
> compiled stuff lying around.  Perhaps you can give it another try?

You are completely right, it now builds with Clang, let me post the results:

Operating system: Debian 7 - Testing/Jessy
Hardware platform: x86
C Compiler: Clang 3.3-16 (branches/release_33) (based on LLVM 3.3)
Installation works?: yes
Tests work?: yes
Installation of eggs works?: yes

The whole build & test run finished in a whopping 14 minutes and 10 seconds (vs
the 24 minutes and 4 seconds of GCC).

Sorry for the less-then-accurate test with Clang in my previous mail.
Strange though, I did run a:

$ make PLATFORM=linux clean

before attempting to build with a different compiler.
This worked on the i7 machine...but apparently not on the Atom.

> Cheers,
> Peter
> --
> http://www.more-magic.net