Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-iup - progressing nicely but have problem wi

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-iup - progressing nicely but have problem with canvas-draw
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 17:48:29 -0500

Peter Bex scripsit:

> Have you considered digging into CHICKEN's historical build systems?
> We used to have MSVC support before it fell into disrepair.  I think
> it worked with both Autofools and CMake (certainly the latter).
> You might be able to resurrect some of that stuff, or at least take
> a peek at how it used to be done.

I would suggest a simpler approach to MSVC support.  Just forget the whole
Make-style build, and just build using CMD.  The C compiler (as distinct
from the C++ compiler) is fast enough to rebuild everything every time
without much headache.  And there really isn't anything to conditionalize
on if you are using MSVC with the exception of 32-bit vs. 64-bit,
so you can just have the CMD script(s) copy msvc{32,64}-config.h to
chicken-config.h.

--
It was impossible to inveigle           John Cowan <address@hidden>
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan