Re: [Chicken-users] bb won't install on OS X

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bb won't install on OS X
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:00:12 +0200

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 02:48:18AM -0700, well wrote:
> I'm rather new to Chicken-Scheme, and very new to this mailing list (as well
> as mailing lists in general!), so my apologies if I am making a silly
> mistake.

Hello there, and welcome to chicken-users :)

> When trying to install bb with the command chicken-install bb, I get the
> following output (put in a clbin because it's ~600 lines)
> https://clbin.com/6EbI5
>
> I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, and whether it's a mistake I made or
> an issue with the program itself.

Usually, when an error happens with a C program or a Makefile/setup script
it's good advice to ignore later errors and look at earlier ones; some small
errors can cause a cascade effect of more and more other errors.
In this case, the first error you see is:

sh: fltk-config: command not found

In other words, it looks like you don't have FLTK installed, or the
config program is not in your $PATH.  The setup script continues with
the empty stdout of that script, and so it doesn't set the correct
include paths.  This causes all the "No such file or directory" errors
you see below it; the C compiler doesn't know where to look for these
header files because the setup script never told it.

All the errors below that are due to missing declarations for data
types (which are declared in those header files it can't find).

I hope this will be of some help in solving the issue!

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net