[Chicken-users] parley, termios, and linenoise

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: [Chicken-users] parley, termios, and linenoise
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:32:56 -0400

Greetings,

The author of linenoise (antirez) made an interesting choice: linenoise uses a handful of basic ANSI escape sequences. The assumption is that command line programs today tend to run in an xterm (I would like to include the MinGW shell).

Can we use this approach to remove the dependence on things like termios which are missing on MS Windows?

Thanks.

P.S. Yes, this is related to the rlwrap & REPL question but it's more philosophical. :-)

--
Claude Marinier