Re: [Chicken-users] Big integers as statement parameters in sql-de-lite

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Big integers as statement parameters in sql-de-lite
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:18:30 -0600

Hi, Kon--

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

> Do you need the range a SRFI-19 datetime provides? Maybe an epoch based
> approach, like provided by the posix module.

No, I don't need the range. In fact, my project is a lightweight
blogging platform, and the date-times in question are creation and
modification times for the content, which will normally be displayed
to site visitors--possibly in localized formats; and other values
having to do with authentication and sessions, which will normally be
invisible. So I think it is safe to assume that all values that will
ever be used will fall within a couple of decades beginning with 2013.

I'm not sure if I need to use SRFI-19. For some reason I thought that
it would be preferable from the POV of  localized formatting and time
zone conversions, but looking again at the docs it doesn't seem like
that is necessary.

But I notice that the posix date/time functions work with values
representing seconds, much like the values that are not working for
me--except that in posix they are floats instead of integers. So maybe
they won't cause errors? I'll give that a try.

--
Matt Gushee