[Chicken-users] patch to rss egg to "handle" xml:base attribute

From: Hugo Arregui
Subject: [Chicken-users] patch to rss egg to "handle" xml:base attribute
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 01:19:47 -0300

Hi,

I found a little problem trying to read a feed using rss egg:

(use rss http-client)
(call-with-input-request "http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/rss.xml"; #f
(lambda (port)

(rss:read port)))

$ csi -s test.scm
Error: (match) no matching pattern

Playing with the code a little I found the problem: the rss tag
contains a xml:base attribute, and the egg only support the version
attribute. The "xml:base" apparently is a gray area on the
specification, so I'm not sure if you want to support it. I choose an
intermediate solution, I added an slot in the rss:feed register named
"base-uri" and I set it only if the xml:base attribute appears.
I'm sending the patch attached in case it could be useful for someone.

Regards,
Hugo