[Chicken-users] Weird stdout buffering during (load ...)

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Weird stdout buffering during (load ...)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 11:04:45 +0100

Hi,

http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=e3ae15323d083667cc21eba9db9e0b2ed2ee77fd

In the paste above I have some code which seems to print the same thing
to stdout three times unless I call (newline), in which case, the thing
is printed only once.

I modified things such that I print to stdout and also write something
into a file such that if it is called multiple times the file contents
are different than when it is called once. In that case, I get multiple
occurances on stdout but only one write to the file which suggests that
the (load ...) *is* only occurring once.

I'm not being particularly clear because I have been unable to produce a
simple repro for this outside the rest of my program.

This is running on Chicken 4.7.0. I should upgrade to Chicken 4.8.0 but,
in the meantime, is anyone able to suggest any known problems that would
cause something to be flushed to stout multiple times?

As an aside, I note that (use extras) is required in interpreted code
but not in compiled code.

Regards,
@ndy

--