Re: [Chicken-users] Line numbers in error output?

From: J Altfas
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Line numbers in error output?
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:49:21 -0700

wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 04:33:45PM -0700, J Altfas wrote:
> > Despite scouring the documentation, it's still unclear how the
-:xx
> > command-line options can be passed to the Chicken runtime (e.g.,
> > affect the trace length, etc.).  While the embedding API has
been
> > effective and pleasant to use once I got the hang of it, this
part
> > remains a mystery to me.
>
> IIUC you can simply set the value of C_trace_buffer_size to
something
> useful before initializing CHICKEN.

Yes, setting C_trace_buffer_size > 16 worked to give a longer trace.
 But in a loop, of course, the same lines are repeated, so not
really more informative.

It would be nice if the values passed to procedures were given as
well in the trace.  But I'm guessing that's a whole lot to ask for.

Looks like we still need that debugger...

Jules Altfas.