Re: [Chicken-users] Thanks Chicken Scheme

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Thanks Chicken Scheme
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 00:51:10 +0200

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 05:03:24PM -0400, Mathieu Desrochers wrote:
> Many thanks for making it possible to write software in scheme.
> I just spent a few months hacking a web application handled by the Chicken
> Scheme runtime.Just posting a link to the project page in the hope of giving
> something back.
> http://mathieu-desrochers.github.io/Scheme-Experimentations/
> In the unlikely event you find anything useful there, please feel free to use
> it :)

Hi Mathieu!

I think it's great you've put so much effort into proving that Scheme
can be used for "real world" applications.  Especially the webpage looks
really slick :)

I'd be interested to know why you chose to create your own HTTP,
FastCGI, JSON and SQLite implementations.  For each of those things,
there are several implementations in the CHICKEN egg repository to
choose from: http://wiki.call-cc.org/chicken-projects/egg-index-4.html

Were they somehow lacking in features, were you unable to find them
or did you decide to implement your own as a learning experience?
It would be great if you would document your experiences, so that
others may learn from them!

Cheers,
Peter
--