[Chicken-users] The (unemployed) Schemers and Lispers guild @ 29c3

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: [Chicken-users] The (unemployed) Schemers and Lispers guild @ 29c3
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:32:37 +0100

Dear Chicken fans,

I want to give you a short review of our meeting of interested
schemers and lispers at the last Chaos Communication Congress in
Hamburg. The event lasted 4 days and offered so called "assemblies"
where interested people could request some meeting space (which
consisted of a large table, chairs electricity and internet access).

_1126, DerGuteMoritz and myself went there and offered some short
introductions into Chicken Scheme, parser combinators and hands on
help to get up and running with lisp like languages in general and
Chicken Scheme in particular.

So over the past days we have had quite a couple of interested
people, as we for the "workshops" and throughout the days (or should
I say nights, this event is quite exhausting). As I have had close
to no  expectations wrt. attracting people I am quite pleased for
myself about the course of events.

Many thanks go to Alexander Shendi who brought a projector with
him, which has been tremendously useful.

Also thanks go to Klaus Trainer for the introduction into Joxa, a
scheme for the erlang VM.

As this was quite an ad hoc event there are no recordings or pictures
available.

Thank you all and maybe we can repeat this next time, better organised
of course ;)

May your programs be short and bug free,
your loved once healthy
and your life peaceful.

I wish you a happy new year!

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can