Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] SRFI-99 record types for CHICKEN

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] SRFI-99 record types for CHICKEN
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:51:31 +0200

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:46:30AM +0200, Thomas Chust wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my implementation of SRFI-99 is now available as an egg.

Congrats on the release.

> The egg is served directly from its Fossil repository (check the
> release information file at
> http://www.chust.org/fossils/srfi-99/doc/trunk/srfi-99.release-info
> for details). In contrast to what the CHICKEN wiki claims, it is
> possible to serve raw files and packaged releases identified by
> symbolic tags from Fossil repositories!

Cool!  This used to not be the case, but I guess newer versions support it.
Would you be willing to update the wiki instructions for Fossil?

> As a sidenote, I first tried to specify a URL pointing to a .zip file
> of the egg in the release information file but that results in
> henrietta serving an empty directory of released files. Specifying a
> .tar.gz file instead works fine. If .zip files are not implemented,
> maybe they shouldn't be mentioned in the documentation on the wiki.

zip files are supported, just like tarballs but there was a bug in
Henrietta-cache which caused it to fail on zip files when the tempdir
was mounted on a different filesystem than the final cache dir, but it
should work now.  If it still won't work, let me know and I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx