Re: [Chicken-users] Can't install eggs, or at least, not http-client

From: Sgeo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Can't install eggs, or at least, not http-client
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 03:56:37 -0400

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Matt Welland <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 4:02 AM, Sgeo <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Stderr from chicken-install http-client:
>> >
>> > Error: shell command failed with nonzero exit status 1:
>> >
>> >  ""C:\chicken\bin\csc"" -feature compiling-extension -setup-mode    -s
>> > -O2 -d0
>> > -u base64.scm -j base64
>> >

>> > Error: shell command terminated with nonzero exit code
>> > 70
>> > "\"C:\\chicken\\bin\\csi\" -bnq -setup-mode -e \"(require-library
>> > setup-api)\" -
>> >

> For me base64 installs fine on a 32 bit Win7 Atom based netbook with
> chicken-iup installed. However http-client fails to install for want of
> openssl libs.
>
> For 64 bit you may need to install chicken from scratch rather than use the
> chicken-iup installer or ensure that all the 32 bit DLLs are available and
> install 32bit MinGW but this is just speculation on my part. If you don't
> need Iup then installing chicken from scratch is straightforward.
>
> Note that libintl-8.dll comes with MinGW (or on my system it can be found in
> C:/MinGW/bin).
>
> Anyhow, I don't have a 64 bit version of Win7 to use for creating a
> chicken-iup for 64 bit so I won't be directly supporting Win7 64 bit with
> chicken-iup.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt
> -=-

I had Nimrod installed, which put an older version of gcc in the path.
Removed it. Can't quite seem to get good MinGW to stay in the path,
maybe I have to restart or something, but after path =
%PATH%;C:\MinGW\bin it works, and then dies at the openssl thing :(.
Would be nice if this stuff was cross-platform