Re: [Chicken-users] cvjm

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cvjm
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:01:11 +0000

On 02/20/11 13:31, Felix wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I have imported an attempt at a static Java->Scheme compiler into the
> repository, which can be found in the "release/4/cvjm/trunk"
> directory. It compiles Java ".class" files into low-level Scheme code
> with full support for tail calls and continuations.

*eyes pop out* wow!

> (since this is a
> static compiler, dynamic class definition is not supported and
> introspection will be limited).

I bet even that can be fixed, though. introspection can just be a matter
of hauling around run-time metadata, and dynamic class definition a
matter of implementing a sort of "indirection class" at worst, depending
on how you've implemented the compiler.

What made you do this, out of interest? Purely the thought it'd be cool,
or was there some particular project in mind?

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/