Re: [Chicken-users] Save the Gazette!

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Save the Gazette!
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:20:48 -0500 (EST)

From: Alaric Snell-Pym <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:34:18 +0000

> Sort of. I know there's RSS and so on available, but it currently needs
> much manual work to turn it into content. I'd like a script that pulls
> that RSS feed and spits out (to current-output-port is fine, I can tie
> them all together into a top-level script) something that I can really
> easily turn into gazette text. Eg, all the hyperlinks are already
> generated and marked up. Let me make up some examples:

... and I want a pony. :-)

It is never the question of whether some well-crafted, time-saving
tool is useful or not, that's obvious. It's always the question of who
does it and when. So instead of discussing the technical details, I
propose to discuss when we will get together and fix this once and for
all, or try to find someone who coordinates such an effort. I'm sure a
bunch of chickenistas will be willing to write some part of the whole
thing (I certainly am). It would be good to identify (in a concise and
not too specific manner) the different tools (or parts of a more
general tool) that are needed. Post them here, and I will pick out
something that I'd like to do. Others will join, hopefully. And you
will take care of project management. Agreed?

cheers,
felix