Re: [Chicken-users] Computational geometry for chicken?

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Computational geometry for chicken?
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:24:20 +0900

Hello,

   Are you really sure that you need a library that is as general as
CGAL?  Perhaps you should start by defining the exact requirements of
the application you are interested in, and that should guide you in
determining what kind of data structures and algorithms you need. For
example, if all you are interested in is union and intersection of 2D
objects, a quad-tree [1] might be sufficient, and I would not be
surprised if there is a functional quad-tree implementation available
online. So defining your requirements first might save you some labor.

  -Ivan

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadtree