Re: [Chicken-users] Bignums in core

From: Nicholas \"Indy\" Ray
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bignums in core
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 23:26:46 -0700

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Thomas Bushnell BSG <address@hidden> wrote:

The point here is that it is patently obvious that in fact you *do* need
larger exact integers than Chicken Scheme supports at present.  Having
inexact integers be used is, in my opinion, as wrong as accepting
eight-byte blobs and using those as 64 bit integers.

I'm also not against eight-byte blobs for 64 bit integers in principle, But as it turns out, flonums are a much more convenient representation.