Re: [Chicken-users] http egg and Connection: close header

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] http egg and Connection: close header
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:56:45 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:44:10PM -0800, Drew Hess wrote:
> I think that http-client should look for ("Connection" . "close") in
> the client's request headers and close the connection explicitly upon
> finishing the request. It doesn't do that right now. If the server
> doesn't respond with a "close" of its own, http:send-request will add
> the connection to the pool.

You're right, this is wrong.  Actually, I think that if the server sends
("Connection" . "close") _after_ the first conversation, it doesn't
remove the connection from the pool either.

> It's not exactly a trivial change to make because the client request
> headers aren't in scope when http:send-request decides what to do with
> the connection, but it shouldn't be too bad to fix.

They're not?  I think they're named AS by the outermost let* expression.
Could you please try if the attached patch does the trick for you?

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx