[Chicken-users] separate compilation

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] separate compilation
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 00:11:26 +0100

Hi,

I noticed that the .import.scm files are overwritten, whenever the
associated .scm file is compiled.

This defeats separate compilation of modules.  If the (any) file holding
the exports where updated only if it's content really changed, it would
be useful in Makefiles to suppress superfluous compiler runs while
triggering those, which are really required.  As things are now, I can
either make my build depend on the files containing the exports or the
object files.  In any case, I'll have to compile too much.

Side note: if there where any kind of file going to record the
last-modified-time of exports, that's perfect.  If the files extension
is once in a while renamed, I won't die from that.

Sorry for not attaching a patch this time.

Best regards

/Jörg