Re: [Chicken-users] Qt egg

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Qt egg
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:14:21 -0700

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Vincent Manis <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2008-Nov-1, at 01:39, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
>> Did you succeed yet?  I just got around to trying this.  qt.setup only
>> uses QTDIR to find qmake, so you can set QTDIR to "/usr".  But the
>> next problem is that qmake generates an XCode project rather than a
>> Makefile.
>
> Actually, I made no progress with it, as I put that project on the back
> burner, and
> if I do go back to it, I'm likely to do it on Linux rather than OSX.
> However, it would
> still be nice to have a recipe to give to everyone :-)

I just got it to build:

1) export QTDIR=/usr
2) export QMAKESPEC=macx-g++
       (to get a Makefile rather than XCode project)
3) tar zxvf qt.egg and modify the last line of qt.pro like this:
       QT+=opengl xml
4) chicken-setup

Felix - I think maybe you don't need to depend on QTDIR at all; it's
probably OK to require that qmake be in the user's path.  For anyone
who's doing Qt development, it would tend to be.  There is not always
a top level Qt directory - in fact I consider that to be poor system
integration, which the Qt install process gives you by default when
you build it from source (installing _everything_ to
/usr/local/Trolltech does not conform to any system standard...
besides what are they going to do, change it to /usr/local/Nokia now?
But at least you can change it when you run configure.)  When
installed via the gentoo ebuild, or when you install the Qt binary
package on MacOS, qmake is in /usr/bin, as it should be IMO.

Adding "xml" fixed a bunch of linker errors.

The Qt binaries came from here:

ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-mac-opensource-4.4.3.dmg

I'll make a note on the wiki about the QMAKESPEC.