[Chicken-users] Re: module for srfi-35

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: module for srfi-35
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:08:12 +0200

Hi Felix,

thanks for your explanation.  Now at least I know that I'm not closely
missing the easy route.

Nevertheless, there might be a not yet fully discovered bug around.
See:

Am Dienstag, den 14.10.2008, 10:56 +0200 schrieb felix winkelmann:
> > Desperately: get an example how to save some typing with rename.

I was about to ask this question again.  So I prepared a test case:

(module foo *
 (import scheme)
 (define x 1))
(import (prefix foo t:))
(print t:x)

This print "1" - as your probably expected.  But me not!

It was my simplification of the problematic code:

(module srfi-35 * ...)

#|
;; WORKAROUND: this one seems not to work.

(import (prefix srfi-35 srfi-35:))

(define condition? srfi35:condition?)
(define message-condition? srfi35:message-condition?)
(define condition-message srfi35:condition-message)
|#

(import (rename srfi-35
                (condition? srfi35:condtition?)
                (message-condition? srfi35:message-condition?)
                (condition-message srfi35:condition-message)))
(define condition? srfi35:condtition?)
(define message-condition? srfi35:message-condition?)
(define condition-message srfi35:condition-message)

The former one (within the block comment) binds "condition?" etc. to
"unbound value".

How is that possible?

/Jörg