Re: [Chicken-users] pattern matching

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pattern matching
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 12:21:12 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 07.10.2008, 09:41 +0200 schrieb felix winkelmann:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that match was gone and found "matchable" from the eggs
> > positioned as if it was the suggested alternative.  Or am I missing
> > something?
> >
> > Now let's try:
> >
> > (print (match '(lambda (a b) (+ a b))
> >              ((_ llist body ...) (vector llist body ...))))
> >
> > (uses match) on chicken 3 did match that; matchable doesn't.
>
> The second "..." is incorrect (body is matched with the remaining list),

Uhm, try:

(print (match '(lambda (a b) (+ a b))
              ((_ llist body ...) #t)))

Ellipsis do somehow not match at all.

I tried these days to either get the old match working or something
else.  The only economic work around I found was to remove all uses of
ellipsis (which makes me wonder why I should use "match" at all for the
remaining effect.  So I'm not satisfied with the approach.