[Chicken-users] fix for multiple entries in ##sys#timeout-list

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] fix for multiple entries in ##sys#timeout-list
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:17:49 +0200

Hi all,

these days Felix asked for a test case of multiple entries of the same
thread in the ##sys#timeout-list -- I don't have any, but I've got
around to nail it down.

The attached patch fixes ##sys#thread-kill! wrt. to join timeouts.

Besides the fix it includes a compatible modification to
##sys#all-threads, which I'd hereby like propose to go (probably in an
improved form) into core chicken, since it allows one to get better
impression of the system state than the current version.  [It was very
valuable when tracking down the double entry.]  The modification allows
two optional arguments, a fold-type of a function (which receives the
enumerated queue, a possible wait reason argument, the enumerated thread
and the accumulate result) and the initial fold-value.

Best regards

/Jörg

BTW: the line numbers in the patch might be off: it's still hand edited,
since I can't live without chicken handling bad file descriptors.