Re: [Chicken-users] DBI

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] DBI
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:17:33 +0100

Graham Fawcett wrote:
(eq? (void) (void)) => #t is a property that shouldn't exist
(eq? (void) (void)) => #f is better, raising an exception is better still.

I think SQL has it right here: NULL any-op anything, or in s-expr (any- op NULL anything), gives NULL.

So NULL is neither equal nor disequal to NULL, or to "hello", it's NULL to them.

(I'm not suggesting adding this behaviour to Chicken, as it would degrade performance for every simple operation without a good reason. I'm just noting what I think is a nice approach.)

Tobia