[Chicken-users] critical-section not in Chicken 3?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] critical-section not in Chicken 3?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:58:04 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm porting some old code that had a (critical-section) in it, to ensure that a set of instructions was completed atomically with respect to the rest of the program. But it looks like critical-section is no longer supported in Chicken 3.

I could move to mutexes, but it will be a bit of a pain. Is there any way to emulate (critical-section) in Chicken 3, or has the runtime changed so that it's no longer possible?

Thanks,
Graham