Re: [Chicken-users] illegal atomic form

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] illegal atomic form
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:27:59 +0100

On Jan 18, 2008 4:09 PM, Jean-Philippe Theberge
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a "Syntax error: illegal atomic form" when compiling
> (but the code run fine with the interpreter).
>
> So my question is:  What is an "illegal atomic form"?

It means your source-code contains expressions that are not pairs,
symbols, strings, booleans, numbers, characters or #!eof. Usually
this means a macro expands into something that contains
(or is) #<unspecified>. The error message should actually print
the culprit.

cheers,
felix