Re: [Chicken-users] define-foreign-enum with a typedef

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] define-foreign-enum with a typedef
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:46:11 +0100

On Dec 14, 2007 2:48 AM, Shawn Rutledge <address@hidden> >

> Let me put that another way: the dbus C API is rather fine-grained.  I
> would like the dbus egg to be much easier to use; so each Scheme
> function will automate multiple steps that would be required with the
> C API.  My impression is easyffi is mainly used to non-selectively
> export a Scheme binding for every function in a header.  But I guess I
> can still keep those functions which I don't want to export into a let
> context and just export the ones that I want to.

You can also just put the declarations of the functions and enums that
you desire in a foreign-parse section (or use chicken-wrap). I usually
list the declarations of what I need and let easyffi create the bindings.

> What's your favorite egg that is based on easyffi, as an example?

I couldn't say, really. Eggs that wrap relatively straightforwardly using
easyffi are opengl, openal, glut, for example.

cheers,
felix