Re: [Chicken-users] repository-path problem

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] repository-path problem
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:55:10 +0100

On Dec 13, 2007 7:47 PM, Jean-Philippe Theberge
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Because it is an app in development and the library I use may be
> modified, I use an alternate path (set with repository-path) where I
> copy over the libraries.
>
> This work fine on my machine. but when I move the app on the server
> (both computers are debian/amd64)
> I got this error in my error.log
>
> /var/BuddyPilots/core/dev/lib/htmlprag.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>
> but it is actually there
>
> # ls -l /var/BuddyPilots/core/dev/lib/htmlprag.so
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jphil jphil 115373 2007-12-13 13:18
> /var/BuddyPilots/core/dev/lib/htmlprag.so

What is the output of

ldd /var/BuddyPilots/core/dev/lib/htmlprag.so

?

Alternatively, set LD_DEBUG=libs before trying to run the code that
uses htmlprag. That will print the libraries as they are loaded. The
missing file may actually be a dependency (i.e. libchicken.so) that
is missing, since the linker path will be compiled into the .so on
Linux. If that is the reason, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the actual
path of the libchicken.so you want to use.

cheers,
felix