[Chicken-users] Concurrency, Blocking I/O

From: Moe Aboulkheir
Subject: [Chicken-users] Concurrency, Blocking I/O
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 23:55:32 +0200

Hey,

I've been using Chicken for some time for a variety of things, and am
considering using it for a large, upcoming project - one of its components is a
database-driven website.  I'm concerned about blocking when performing database
access (PostgreSQL or similar) in the lightweight (SRFI-18) threads spawned by
Spiffy.  How are you guys dealing with these kinds of issues?  I'd like to hear
what everybody has to say.

Thanks,
Moe