Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-19 time, flonums and s11n

From: john
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-19 time, flonums and s11n
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 11:10:55 +0100

AFAIK s11n does not take into account different byte-ordering which is likely to be an issue if you are communicating across different hardware.

Cheers,

John.

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
I'm looking into ways for Scheme processes to communicate with each
other.  s11n caught my eye.  It's pretty cool in general.  One of the
first things I'm trying to write is a daemon which handles input from
/dev/input/* and provides events to another process which connects.
For the first version I just pass ASCII s-expressions back and forth,
but would prefer some compact efficient binary format.